The rules for this award are as follows:
1. Thank the person that gave you the award and link back to them.
2. Tell 7 things about yourself.
3. Pass this on to 15 newly discovered blogs and let them know they received it.
So here are seven things you might not know about me:
1. I have a wonderful family. My husband is very supportive (he even came in and helped me in my classroom this afternoon - that is a rarity but I am very grateful). I have three wonderful children: Emily, Joel and Sam.
2. We moved onto acreage last year and even though we have been working hard and there is still loads to do, we are loving it.
3. We have the most wonderful friends and extended family. We always knew this but we put them to the test this time last year when our old house flooded and they all turned up to help us out. Amazing!
4. I love teaching. (You probably worked that out because otherwise I wouldn't bother blogging about it).
5. I organise my clothes by colour. (This backfired on me when we evacuated for the flood because I grabbed all of my red/coral tops and brown pants and then it looked like I was wearing the same clothes for about two weeks. Next time I will take more care to take a variety of colours if I ever have to evacuate again.)
6. I like adventures. I have tried skydiving and parasailing, abseiling, rockclimbing and more but I would never do bungee jumping - that seems way too scary.
7. I don't like peas. I hate peas. Always have. Always will. (Sorry Mum).
So there you have it - Seven (maybe interesting) things about me.
I am nominating some other blogs too.
I am nominating Good Morning, Mrs Rubie which is another Aussie teacher blog. Tina's has lots of great posts and some freebies too, so check it out.
I am also nominating my sister's blog, Claire Matilda. Even though it is not a teaching blog, Hannah is a teacher and her blog is a blog that (I think) every teacher should read. Hannah has a gorgeous baby daughter, Claire Matilda, who has a rare condition known as Cri du Chat Syndrome. Hannah writes (very well) about her experiences of a mum of a child with special needs. And the photos of Claire are super cute (although maybe I am biased ;-) ).